Who is Zip?
Zip is a leading player in the digital retail finance and payments industry. Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services to the retail, education, travel and health industries, through it’s zipMoney and zipPay brands.
We are focused on offering transparent, responsible and fairly priced consumer finance products. Find out more at zippay.com.au or zipmoney.com.au.
What is zipMoney?
is a safe, simple and convenient way to pay for your purchase over
time. It provides you with the flexibility to buy now and pay for it
later on an interest-free payment plan.
The zipMoney process is entirely paperless and designed around simplicity.
Once signed-up, you receive a digital account (also known as a line of credit) for a set amount that allows you to make purchases and enjoy interest-free terms. You only need to sign up once, and can re-use the account as often as you like.
How does zipMoney work?
- Complete your application and get a decision in minutes
- zipMoney pays the retailer on your behalf
- You pay zipMoney over time in easy monthly payments
Can I check out with zipPay?
Yes! If you have an existing zipPay account, you can check out here. Find more info here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be an Australian citizen or a resident
- Must be employed in some capacity
How do I get started?
Apply Now and complete the easy 3 minute application. You’ll be surprised at how simple the process is. Alternatively, you can sign up during the checkout process if checking out online.
Once approved and you accept the terms and conditions, zipMoney will pay for your purchases on your behalf.
What else do I need to know?
Although zipMoney’s interest free plan allows you to shop today without paying anything upfront, it is a loan and must be paid back. Failure to do so could affect your future credit rating.
zipMoney’s payment plans are interest free for a specific period, but please be aware that interest will start to accrue after the interest free period. You can see your interest free balance, how long it is estimated to take to repay the loan and change your payment schedule in your digital wallet.
What are the benefits?
Buy the goods you want today and pay nothing upfront. By paying with your zipMoney account, you can split the cost of your purchase and pay over time. zipMoney pays for your purchases on your behalf; no money ever changes hands.
You’re also provided with a virtual account so for your next purchase, all you need to do is sign-in to your digital wallet, confirm and pay. There’s no more need to use your credit card or seek a loan elsewhere.
It’s simple and easy to use.
What are the fees?
- No deposit and nothing to pay today.
- A one off establishment fee may apply, which is added to your interest free balance.* Minimum monthly payments apply.
- Interest will accrue at the standard annual percentage rate, should you have balance remaining at the end of your interest free period*
- A small monthly admin fee of $6.00 (only payable if a balance is owing)
Where can I find out more?
Terms and Conditions
*Available to approved applicants only. Minimum monthly repayments are required, see your contract for details. Paying only the minimum monthly repayment amount will not pay out the purchase within the interest free period. Any balance outstanding at the expiry of the interest free period will be charged interest at the standard annual percentage rate, currently 23.9%. A one off establishment fee applies, see your contract for details. A Monthly Account Service Fee of $6.00 (when balance owing) apply. Terms & Conditions apply and are available on application. Credit provided by zipMoney Payments Pty Limited (ABN 58 164 440 993, Australian Credit Licence Number 441878). Visit www.zipMoney.com.au to find out more.
Shop now. Enjoy now. Pay later.
Buy what you want today, pay for it in four instalments, interest-free.
We set out to build Afterpay as a tool for anyone over the age of 18 to make the most of their money and manage their spending responsibly. Our mission is, and always will be, to empower our customers. Empowerment for us means that customers are always in control of their finances. Everything we do is to help ensure our customers keep that control.
For more detail about how Afterpay works, please visit our FAQs.
Pay for your purchases over four simple instalments
Pay for your purchase over four instalments, due every two weeks. Afterpay makes it simple to pay when it suits you best.
Pay nothing extra when you pay on time
If you make repayments on time, you’ll only ever pay the price of the item you’ve purchased. The only fees Afterpay charges are late fees for missed payments.
No new card applications, instant approval online
Forget about long, complicated application forms. Afterpay’s proprietary platform makes it quick and easy to get approved instantly and keep shopping.
- Afterpay allows you to pay for your purchase over 4 instalments due every 2 weeks.
- You must be over 18 years old and be the authorised holder of an eligible debit/credit card to apply (see clause 2.4 for eligibility criteria).
- All orders are subject to Afterpay’s approval – for example, if you have any overdue payments, Afterpay will not be available to you. For more information on assessment and checks, see clause 6.2
- As part of our approval process, we may conduct a pre-authorisation on your nominated card, up to an amount of your first instalment – see clause 6.2(f)
- You can make repayments to Afterpay any time BEFORE the due date. Otherwise, Afterpay will automatically try process payments on the scheduled dates from your card. If a payment is not processed on or before the due date, late fees will apply – initial $10 late fee, and a further $7 if the payment remains unpaid 7 days after the due date.
- For each order below $40, a maximum of one $10 late fee may be applied per order. For each order of $40 or above, the total of the late fees that may be applied are capped at 25% of the original order value or $68, whichever is less. See Schedule 1.
- If you won’t be able to pay us on time, please contact us as soon as possible. Please click here for more information regarding Hardship.
- The delivery/quality of goods and all refunds is the responsibility of the retailer where you make the purchase.
Where can I find out more?